14 Oct '19
The Expert Witness Institute is delighted to welcome Saba Naqshbandi to the Board of Governors.
Saba Naqshbandi was called to the Bar in 1996 and practises from Three Raymond Buildings. She is a commercial crime, health and safety, inquests and inquiries specialist with a recognised reputation whose advice is sought both nationally and internationally. Her clients include foreign Governments, enforcement authorities, corporates and individuals.
Saba’s current and previous appointments include:
- Assistant Coroner for Inner North London (2019-)
- Court of Arbitration of Sport Pro Bono Lawyers Panel (2019-)
- Bencher of the Middle Temple (2016-)
- Bar Council International Committee Member (2016- 2018)
- Middle Temple Membership Committee Member (2014-)
- Chair of the Annual Bar Conference (2013)
- Co-Chair of the Criminal Law Committee of the International Bar Association (2009-2012)
- Elected Committee member of the Criminal Bar Association Committee (2009-2012)
Saba Naqshbandi said:
“As a practising barrister, I am acutely aware of the need to ensure that experts of the highest quality, properly trained are instructed so as to support the fair administration of justice. The work of the Expert Witness Institute is invaluable to upholding these values and I am delighted to join the Board.”
Chair of the Board, Sir Martin Spencer, said:
“We are thrilled to welcome Saba onto the Board. Having representatives from the legal profession on the Board is extremely important for the Expert Witness Institute as we continue to develop relevant services, training and our advocacy on behalf of the Expert Witness community. To have someone of Saba’s calibre is extremely beneficial to both the Board and the membership.”