The EWI Board are developing a new Strategic Plan for 2020-25.
In the meantime, they have adopted the following Interim Plan.
Strategic Plan 2019-20
The Expert Witness Institute is the voice of the Expert Witness community; championing experts from all professional disciplines and the lawyers who use their services.
Our mission is to support the proper administration of justice and the early resolution of disputes through high-quality expert evidence from specialists.
Our strategic priorities are to:
1. Enhance our impact by growing membership
- Better understand members and non-members by conducting a customer satisfaction survey
- Implement strategies to grow membership and retain individual members
- Grow our community of employers and expert witness panels through our new Corporate Membership scheme
- Work with the membership to develop regional and special interest networks
- Create agreements with other Professionals Associations to encourage more experts to join the expert witness community
- Extend the range of relevant benefits available to members through our Supplier Partners scheme
2. Support the development and improve the quality of experts within the community
- Deliver high-quality training and events
- Launch, promote and deliver our Certification scheme
- Work with employers to deliver bespoke training programmes wherever this is required
- Keep members up to date through our Magazine and monthly e-Newsletter
- Provide advice to members through our helpline
- Investigate complaints about the conduct of our members
3. Advocate on behalf of the Expert Witness community
- Act as a voice for expert witnesses, especially in communicating with the media
- Make representations to Government and to professional bodies and associations
- Work actively with other allied professional bodies and associations
- Encourage lawyers to make use of experts wherever specialised knowledge is required
4. Provide an excellent, sustainable and effective membership body
- Ensure effective operations and governance
- Develop our 2020-25 Strategic Plan
- Continue to develop the functionality of the website to improve the member experience