At the next election we will be looking to appoint three Board Members from an Expert Witness background. We particularly welcome applications from Experts from a medical, financial, and forensic science background, though all applications will be put to the membership for consideration.
We are also seeking to applications from those in the legal profession, in particular Solicitors and those within the Judiciary.
It is an exciting time to join the Board of EWI. We are currently developing our new Strategic Plan. This is a great opportunity to help shape our future, develop the organisation and promote the importance of Expert Witnesses.
We are looking for members with a passion and commitment to the development of the Institute who can demonstrate:
- extensive experience as a practising expert or as a member of the legal profession
- a commitment to and understanding of EWI’s mission and strategic objectives
- a commitment to serving on committees and supporting the membership with advice and guidance
- an understanding of the duties of the role
- experience of strategic decision making and the ability to operate effectively at board level
- excellent communication skills and the ability to act as an ambassador for EWI and to engage in advocacy activities
Full Role Profile
To apply you will need complete the online form. As part of this you will be asked to submit:
- A copy of your CV
- A 250-word statement explaining why you would like to be appointed to the Board and what you feel you can bring to the Board
- A picture of yourself
- A letter of nomination from a member
All applications must be received by 5pm on the 14th May 2021.