This webinar deals with the challenging task of creating, managing and promoting yourself as an expert witness.
Professionals, who although being specialists in their own area of practice are often unsure of the principles of running what is essentially a micro business. Attending this webinar will be a valuable experience for any expert witness who wants to fully capitalise on their expert knowledge and delegates will leave with useful and practical advice they can use immediately.
- Understanding the expert witness market
- The importance of a good expert witness CV
- Clustering of expertise
- The importance of website content
- Getting known, EWI – your professional body, websites, advertising, exhibitions and specialist registers
- How does a lawyer choose an expert witness and what they expect from you
- Communicating your expertise to lawyers
- How the EWI can help – expert referral service
- Formulating your cost schedule
- Managing payment terms and getting paid
- Social Media and the expert witness
CPD hours: 1 Hour
To find webinar dates, check the Training and Events calendar.
Trainer: Paul Raine BSc FRICS MEWI
Paul Raine FRICS MEWI is a RICS Chartered Surveyor based in the West Midlands who throughout his 30 year career has surveyed and valued residential properties throughout the UK. From 1996 – 2006 Paul managed the home-move side of the Ford Motor Company relocation scheme in the UK, at an important time when the Ford Premier Automotive Group in Europe had acquired Jaguar/Land Rover, Volvo, Aston Martin and Mazda and Paul supervised the relocation of more than 1,000 staff and their families into, around and out of the UK. In 2009, Paul founded Expert Surveyors Limited (ESG), established to provide Solicitors, Insurers Mortgage Lenders and Claims Handlers with high quality RICS expert witness reports using locally-based ESG approved RICS experts. To date ESG have provided more than 6,000 reports and have a network of more than 100 RICS Chartered Surveyors. ESG provide a fully managed service and the marketing of expert witness services undertaken by Paul has been a key component of the growth of ESG.