Are you a member of the EWI with at least 10 years as an Expert Witness?
Fellow status is the highest category of individual membership and is only available to existing EWI individual members. Applicants for fellowship should understand that fellowship confers an obligation to play an active role in promoting the Institute and assisting in the training and encouragement of less experienced members. Fellowship applicants must be able to demonstrate a high personal standing within their profession or discipline, integrity and ability as a witness and a knowledge of the legal requirements placed on an expert witness.
To apply for membership, submit a completed application form and ALL supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form
- Current CV
- Proof of membership of appropriate regulatory body
- Professional qualification
- Proof of current professional indemnity insurance for specifically for expert witness work
- Anonymised, CPR compliant expert witness report from a closed case (IMPORTANT: remove all names and dates from the report)
- Three references from instructing solicitors, click here for the reference form. Please provide us with names and contact details for these solicitors
- A list of every occasion that you given evidence in court in the past 5 years
A summary of written evidence provided in past 10 years (case type, court type, tribunal, claimant/defendant)
A summary of work undertaken for pre-trial conferences, experts meetings and the number of cases where you were appointed as a single joint expert (including responding to written questions)
One-off admin fee: £140
Annual fee: £220 (£210 when you pay by direct debit)
Email the completed application form and ALL the supporting documents to email@example.com.
Alternatively, send the completed application form and the supporting documents to:
159-161 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue