Who is it for?
Individual Membership is designed for experienced practising experts who are looking to expand their practice and distinguish themselves as the best in their field.
This membership category is for experienced professionals of all disciplines who are established as expert witnesses and can meet the rigorous criteria. Applications for membership are vetted by EWI's membership committee.
What are the benefits?
As an Individual Member, as well as other benefits, you will
- appear on the Find an Expert Directory;
- are entitled to use the Postnominal: MEWI; and
- will be able to use the EWI Individual Member logo.
How much does it cost?
|Application Fee (One-off and non-refundable)
||£140 or £70 when upgrading from Prospective Membership
||£350 (£340 when you pay by direct debit)
*Annual fees will be calculated pro-rata. Our subscription year runs 1st November - 31st October.
How to apply
Please use the online application form to apply. You will need to upload the following documents to the online application form:
- Your Current CV
- Proof of membership of appropriate regulatory body (if applicable). This may be a certificate, screenshot of your existence on an online directory or a letter from your professional body confirming membership. EWI recognise that not all experts will have a professional body of which they can become a member. If this is the case, please upload a note from yourself explaining this.
- Proof of current professional indemnity insurance specifically for expert witness work
If you have Professional Indemnity Insurance for Expert Witness work in place, you will need to upload a copy of your schedule.
If you do not have Professional Indemnity Insurance for Expert Witness work, you can apply to become part of the EWI Block Policy with Hiscox through Horner Blakey Insurance Brokers. You will need to download the latest declaration form and then upload it as evidence of your Professional Indemnity Insurance. Once your application has been approved, we will pass your application over to Horner Blakey.
- An anonymised expert witness report from a closed case written in the last 3 years which is compliant with the relevant legislation. Please ensure you enclose appendices. To anonymise the report we ask you to redact it by changing the names of people, organisations, animals so that each entity has a standard identifier. For Example:
- Claimant A, Claimant B, Defendant A, Defendant B
- Organisation A, Organisation B
- Animal A, Animal B etc…
Dates can be changed to XX/XX/XX. Please do not redact the date you signed the report.
Please do not attempt to insert fake names or dates as it can still be unclear as to whether the report has been anonymised or not.
All Expert Reports are assessed by our Membership Committee who will be assessing your report against our Assessment Criteria.
- The contact details of three instructing parties who we may contact for a reference