Individual Membership is designed for experienced practising experts who are looking to expand their practice and distinguish themselves as the best in their field.
This membership category is for experienced professionals of all disciplines who are established as expert witnesses and can meet the rigorous criteria. Applications for membership are vetted by EWI's membership committee.
As an Individual Member, as well as other benefits, you will
- appear on the Find an Expert Directory;
- are entitled to use the Postnominal: MEWI; and
- will be able to use the EWI Individual Member logo.
- A member of the appropriate regulatory body (if applicable)
- Professional indemnity insurance specifically for expert witness work
- Experienced in delivering expert reports which are compliant for whichever court and jurisdiction in which they are to be submitted
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development of their practice as an Expert Witness
You will be asked to submit the following documents/information as part of your application:
- Current CV
- Proof of membership of appropriate regulatory body (if applicable)
- Proof of current professional indemnity insurance for specifically for expert witness work
- Proof of membership of appropriate regulatory body
- An anonymised, expert witness report from a closed case which is compliant for the Court and Jurisdiction in which it was submitted. (IMPORTANT: You must redact all information which would enable us to identify the individuals such as names and dates of birth from the report)
- The contact details of three instructing parties who we may contact for a reference
Guidance for applicants
Please read our guidance for applicants.