Provisional Membership is designed for those who are new to being an expert witness, have completed core training, and would benefit from the support of more experienced Members and Fellows in providing advice on all aspects of being an expert.
As a Provisional Member, as well as other benefits, you will appear on the Find an Expert Directory as long as you have completed the required Core Training. This will support you in gaining experience as an Expert Witness; enabling you to upgrade to Individual Membership.
Provisional Members are expected to upgrade to Individual Membership within three years.
- A member of the appropriate regulatory body (if applicable)
- Completion of core training (Law for experts, Report Writing, Discussions between experts) undertaken through the EWI or another provider
- Professional indemnity insurance specifically for expert witness work
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your application:
- Current CV
- Proof of membership of appropriate regulatory body (if applicable)
- Proof of current professional indemnity insurance for specifically for expert witness work
- Proof of completion of core training
Guidance for applicants
Please read our guidance for applicants.
Application fee: £70 or £40 when upgrading from Prospective Membership
Annual fee: £330 (£320 when you pay by direct debit)